Monday, September 7, 2026

the importance of female friendships

good morning my crafty cuties!



Today's topic is the importance of having female friendships (as experienced by me). I've been feeling a little homseick lately, and the main reason is my hometown friends. Here at school, thousands of miles away, I do feel a little isolated. I have yet to find my "people" here, as cliche as that sounds. Don't get me wrong, I have friends, but the relatoinships don't have the same depth and unconditionalness of my hometown friends. Some days I am able to be optomistic about it, but other days I feel as though I must be the problem. Today is one of those days, unfotunately. In an attempt to make myself feel better, I thought a reflection on the relationships that I do have in my life could be comforting. So, here are the lessons i've learned and the qualities I admire of my girlfriends. 

- unspoken understanding -

A shared look across the room, either filled with concern, confusion, or humor. Finding your best friend's eyes across a crowd of people and fighting back a smile or laugh. Knowing that you are thinking the exact same thing, knowing someone so well that each of your reactions become anticipated and expected. Being on the brink of tears and, with one look, she knows. Having someone that understands you so completely that an entire interaction is had without words.

- crying until you laugh together -

- laughing until you cry -

- shopping -

- arguements -

Yes, even arguements. My friends have taught me to appreciate them because when overcome, they often draw two people closer together. The beauty of talking things out and hearing the others' perspective. Resolving conflict because you value a person too much to lose them over an arguement, no matter how big or small. 

- gifts -

A handwritten card. A personalized painted banner. A candle of a scent you mentioned once. A photo of the two of you many years ago. A music box with a song from a movie you both cried over. 

- music blasting, windows down -

- beating the dead horse -

There is nothing better than beating the dead horse over and over again. Having the same conversation repeatedly, because the two of you always find soemthing new to add. Never getting bored of the same topic because the emotions are so high for all involved now. 


It's safe to say, I love and miss my girls. But how lucky am I to have such wonderful people to miss? That's all for now, stay crafty & chic!

2 comments:

  1. Going to college is always hard, finding your people is even harder! Honestly, I still think I am closer to my hometown friends than those I made in college. But the relationships are both fulfilling in different ways. Have fun and don't stress out too much about finding the perfect people, but if u do lucky u! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, starting over is so hard and scary for this reason. It's so easy to miss the comfort of familiarity. Keep trying to put yourself out there! Go out for coffee, or try out new coffee spots with classmates! Make friends with coworkers! Save the number of every person you speak to at parties! Slowly, your community will begin to build itself.

    ReplyDelete

my tattoo look book

 hello my crafty cuties! I recently got my first tattoo, and as soon as the appointment was over, I was already thinking what my next one wi...