I am staring at two empty blue tote bags on my bedroom floor as I type this. I 'm going into my sophomore year of college at my upstate new york university. I imagined that I would feel more eager to go back this year, however, I don't know that if that is, in fact, the case. I'm currently looking at the oversized tote bags that will carry all of my belongings across the country and I can think of a number of things I'd rather do than pack. I think one major factor that is keeping me from packing is acknowledging the fact that packing means I will have to leave again. Throughout the summer back at home, I've fallen into a comfortable routine while still being productive. I think this is in large part to the people that I'm surrounded by. I know it's a crucial part of college and becoming independent, but I will really miss the security of my family and hometown friends. The thing that I miss most when I am away is my mom. There is nothing I want to do more than rant to my mom when I have a hard day or an issue with a friend arises. Though it isn't so easy when we are thousands of miles apart.
I am going to have to pack eventually, though. It might as well be now. Stay crafty & chic.

From one girl who just graduated college to another girl currently in it, I promise you what you're feeling is normal. Even now, as I live with a partner I love, surrounded my friends I cherish, raising the cutest kitty I adore, I miss so much, and I yearn for so much. I even miss my earlier college years because while I was worried about school and friends and family and money, that was the only thing I worried about. Don't let it consume you. Take each day one at a time and take a lot of pictures for when you can't remember.
ReplyDeleteSending flourishes from https://countercritique.blogspot.com/
Thank you so much. This truly does make me feel better and a little more at ease. I'll definitely remember to cherish this period of my life because I know I'll miss it when it's gone, too. xo
Delete