Monday, August 17, 2026

my treasured hobbies


SCRAPBOOKING!

My favorite hobby for the year has been scrapbooking! I started the summer before my freshman year of college because I was feeling extremely nostalgic about my senior year ending. When I would think about how much was changing in my life, I found myself looking through all of my pictures as a form of comfort. Pictures from the senior sunrise, homecoming, halloween, prom, and graduation reminded me how I eventually came to love high school and found my people. I decided to start scrapbooking so that I could have a physical reminder of how lucky I am to be surrounded by my lovely friends and as a tangible display of my best memories. Now that I've been scrapbooking consistently for over a year, I know that it's a hobby that I'll carry with me forever because there is something invaluable of being able to view and share your memories in an expressive and creative way. 




DANCING!

I first started dancing when I was three years old. The first baby jazz I ever performed was to "Firework" by Katy Perry. I've always loved to be on stage and perform, which was a little odd considering how introverted and quiet I was as a kid. Dancing served as one of the only constants in my life. Once I started as a toddler, I never really stopped. I was in a competitive dance company throughout elementary and middle school. I definitely gained confidence and a stronger work ethic, but most importantly, I realized that I really did love it. In high school I decided to try out of my school's drill team. The four-year experience certainly challenged me and made me question my sanity and my commitment to the art form/sport, but I stayed. If I could go back in time, I'd make the same choices because I found lifelong friends in dance. In a way, I also found myself through my passion, endurance, and eagerness to improve. 




READING!

I lovelovelove to read. I am such a sucker for a good romance. I've loved to read since I was younger, but I don't have too much time for it anymore. I've been trying to read more often, though! Some of my fav books are the Boys of Tommen series, anything by Lynn Painter, the shatter me series, Dead Poets Society, and basically any book that will make me cry. I'm always open to book recs, especially in the fall!





   


No comments:

Post a Comment

my tattoo look book

 hello my crafty cuties! I recently got my first tattoo, and as soon as the appointment was over, I was already thinking what my next one wi...